Note: when signing up for classes online, please choose the "Class sign-up" free shipping option on the Shipping Method page at check-out.
This class will be held LIVE online via Zoom — Zoom links are sent out 3 days prior and then again 3 hours prior to class. If you sign up within 3 days, please be patient in waiting for the final reminder email, which will be sent out 3 hours prior to the class.
The class will be recorded and available for a limited time shortly following the class. Registration deadline: 3 hours prior to class PST. No day-of cancellations.
Tuesday, July 26th — 6:00 p.m. PST
Pain, pleasure, and power dynamics, oh my! The practices of BDSM offer much more than fan fiction fodder, but only when practiced safely and consensually. "Impact play" describes one of the many facets of engaging in BDSM, and Andre Shakti has a decade of both recreational and professional experience to share to optimize your impact play creativity, connection and success!
Throughout this workshop we will:
- Unpack why people seek to engage in impact play from both the top AND the bottom!
- Touch on sensation play, restraint, and sensory deprivation play as they relate to impact play!
- Review all that juicy anatomy and identify body parts that are safe to play with!
- Talk about getting in touch with our own kinky desires: how do we know what we like?
- Strategize how to initiate dialogues with our partners about impact play, as well as identify "red flags" when seeking potential new impact play partners!
- Learn about consent as it relates to pre-scene, in-scene, and post-scene communication!
- Define "aftercare" and identify multiple methods of practicing it after a scene!
- Cover a list of basic impact play implements to experiment with!
- Share resources on further education, and more!
Andre Shakti (she/her) is a veteran queer/cisgender/polyamorous educator, activist and professional slut based in Baltimore, MD. She helms and hosts SANCTUARY Virtual Strip Club, bringing LGBTQ+ dirty digital delights to private screens. She strips, she whips, and she likes dogs more than you.
You'll notice that we're offering two class cost options - $25, the regular cost of a She Bop class or workshop, and $15, a reduced cost option. While we want to make sure our instructors are compensated fairly for their hard work, we recognize that many of our community members are experiencing alterations to their finances at this time. If you are able to pay full price, we ask that you please consider doing so. If the lower cost option is a more accessible fit for you at this time, we encourage you to utilize that option.