Thursday, July 17th — 7:30 p.m. — $20
A growing number of people are exploring alternatives to monogamy, through swinging, polyamory, and other types of open relationships. If you or someone you know are one of those people, this might be the workshop for you!
Whether you are curious about opening up, already enjoying polyamory and wanting to do it even better, or facing obstacles in your non-monogamous relationship, AJ will help walk you through the challenges and benefits of ethical non-monogamy. She will discuss different styles of open relationships, talk about how to deal with common issues such as jealousy, resentment, time management, miscommunication, and New Relationship Energy (NRE), and will offer tips on dating/meeting new people, navigating different relationship structures and hierarchies, and coming out poly.
In this interactive workshop, AJ will guide participants through exercises that help them negotiate agreements/boundaries, design their own ideal open relationships, and practice nonviolent communication for deeper, more fulfilling connections. There will also be the option to hear about real-life triumphs and tribulations of other non-mono people in addition to learning how to find and build community. This is a 2-hour class.
AJ (aka Amory Jane) is one of She Bop’s in-house sex educators. She graduated with a master’s degree from Lewis & Clark College, where she studied Sex Therapy and Marriage, Couple, & Family Counseling. She has facilitated multiple discussion groups and taught dozens of sex education workshops around Portland and the Midwest. She also moonlights as a relationship coach, working with polyamorous individuals and couples in open relationships. AJ is an active member of the Portland poly community.
Limited space available — sign up online!
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- March 11, 2015 – Tease a Peel: Classic Burlesque Peeling Techniques
- March 18, 2015 – Bon Appetit!: The Fine Art of Cunnilingus
- April 1, 2015 – Foolin' Around with Emily Nagoski & Erika Moen
- April 12, 2015 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- April 23, 2015 – Renaming Desire: Trans/Non-Trans Sex Revisited
- Get the latest on new products, blog posts, and upcoming events and workshops in our March newsletter! http://t.co/tP1FQyTLLi
- We're so excited to be hosting a fun talk and Q&A with @emilynagoski and @ErikaMoen in April! http://t.co/oPNnFZCUWU
- Thx @SossityWrites for such kind words about us in @PQmonthly!! We were happy to help you pick a toy for your needs. http://t.co/gwIgPhB0wj
- Yup, we're open regular hours today! 11 am - 7 pm. Need a late V-Day gift? Have a gift certificate burning a hole in yr pocket? Come see us!
- Have you caught @tripo's Becoming Dr. Ruth yet? There are still showings through the end of the month! http://t.co/tKYCHGmGrG
- Last day of Small Shops, Big Hearts on Mississippi! Stop by for chocolates and V-Day shopping; visit our neighbors! http://t.co/jPjKCLhipb
- Happy happy Valentine's Day!! We'll be staying open until 9 pm tonight at both our locations in case you need us! http://t.co/9nGBHvTMXw
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury