It is a collaboration of epic proportions: author and sex educator Allison Moon has teamed up with artist kd diamond to create Girl Sex 101 — a road trip-themed book featuring amazing color illustrations and an entertaining yet educational narrative all about queer sex.
Currently in the crowdfunding stage on Kickstarter, Girl Sex 101 promises to be informative, hot, engaging, and inclusive:
Girl Sex 101 features over 14 sexy and educational stories featuring our diverse cast of characters that illustrate the rest of the info in the chapter. For example, in the first chapter, Layla has a hard time speaking up about what she likes in bed with a hot femme she picks up. Later on, Jamie finds herself in bed with a trans guy and doesn’t quite know how to ask him about his body. Meanwhile, Layla has to figure out how to communicate about her STI status with a new flame, while Jamie navigates fooling around with an old crush with a disability. There’s plenty of fuel for your own girl sex tanks!
Girl Sex 101 presents feminist, pleasure-positive, and consent-oriented sex education to help women of all orientations and experience levels understand their bodies and those of their partners.
Best of all, Girl Sex 101 will include “scenic viewpoints” (adorable!) from sex experts such as Ducky DooLittle, Tristan Taormino, Carol Queen, Nina Hartley, Sex Nerd Sandra, Reid Mihalko, Kelly Shibari, and trans and genderqueer activists such as Julia Serano, Ignacio Rivera, Mira Bellwether, and Jiz Lee.
We were fortunate enough to have Allison Moon visit us and conduct workshops back in 2012 and again this year, and we think she’s awesome. kd diamond’s comic art and illustrations have been featured in Gender Outlaws: The Next Generation, The Secrets of Great G-Spot Orgasms and Female Ejaculation, and The Ultimate Guide to Kink.
Incredibly, with 25 days still left to go, the project has exceeded its original funding goal of $13,500. That means it is definitely happening — hooray! But there are other milestones to reach. At $20,000, Girl Sex 201 (including more advanced topics such as kink, non-monogamy, and fisting) will become a reality. And if they reach $35,000, Moon and diamond will go on a road trip and film a Girl Sex 101 documentary!
Another reason to back this project? Pledge rewards include stickers, Girl Sex 101 in several forms (both electronic and physical), bookmarks, t-shirts, your name in the acknowledgements, signed art, and more. Plus, they’re crowd-sourcing answers to some popular questions on Twitter and Tumblr. So let your voice be heard and you could be included in the book!
We cannot wait to see the finished product!
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- January 8, 2015 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- January 14, 2015 – Oxytocin, The Love Drug: Cultivating Biochemical Bliss in Birth, Orgasm, & Intimacy
- January 22, 2015 – Beyond Monogamy
- January 28, 2015 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- February 5, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- February 25, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- March 11, 2015 – Tease a Peel: Classic Burlesque Peeling Techniques
- "My scissor legs, scarred back, spastic hands only add to my amazing repertoire, so rarely experienced by other men." http://t.co/Gvh1fxyOcj
- In San Francisco, @ShineLouise shoots @CrashPadSeries. A writer visits the set to see how queer porn is made. http://t.co/vvtunQGRt3
- These are kinda the greatest emojis ever created. http://t.co/W7zekX8P2O
- Awesome! Some of the toys we stock were included in @PinkWhite and @CrashPadSeries' holiday sex toy gift guide! http://t.co/MI8BhXSvEV
- UK citizens showed their discontent over absurd porn regulations by staging a mass "face-sitting" outside parliament. http://t.co/02oBe7hfgN
- Just a couple days left in this crowdfunding campaign for 3 new polyamory books from a Portland publishing company! http://t.co/X0VBSs3JWT
- Over 1,000 signatures collected so far! Add yours to take a stand against transphobic language in the porn industry. http://t.co/0GGzWIjtwQ
- What should you put in your partner's stocking this holiday season? We can give you some ideas! http://t.co/WsLv7X00qJ
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury