Guess what? With our support as sponsors, Bitch is resurrecting their awesome pop culture podcast, Popaganda! It’s been almost a year since their last episode, but it’s coming back with a vengeance starting April 3rd.
The first four show themes are:
• MONOGAMY featuring sex expert and educator Tristan Taormino discussing the logistics of open relationships, Sex and Punishment author Eric Berkowitz on the legal history of monogamy, and n+1 writer Andrew Borinsky on the political role of monogamy in building support for same-sex marriage.
• THE DINNER PARTY featuring author Jane Gerhard talking about the landmark work of feminist art, contemporary artist Sophia Wallace on her new show Cliteracy, astounding vegan chef Isa Chandra Moskowitz discussing real-life dinner parties and her food politics, and Bitch staffers Andi Zeisler and Kristin Rogers Brown dishing Gwyneth Paltrow and bragging about restrictive diets.
• WORDS WE HATE featuring various snack-size rants on words, from the controversial (tits!) to the universally reviled (moist), as well as an interview with political cartoonist Matt Bors about picking our language battles.
Be sure to catch Popaganda twice monthly starting April 3rd!
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- August 7, 2014 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- August 20, 2014 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- September 10, 2014 – Erotica reading with Rachel Kramer Bussel!
- September 14, 2014 – More Than Two Reading with Franklin Veaux and Eve Rickert
- September 24, 2014 – The Joys of Toys!
- September 28, 2014 – Prostate Pleasure
- Erotica writers are just like everyone else. Except when they're having sex on the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney... http://t.co/iItf0QiPyb
- We added two September workshops: an intro to toys class & a class with @CharlieGlickman all about the prostate! http://t.co/IIygndVEat
- Meet fellow PDX queers this Tuesday night at PDX-Q! Casual, open-minded social gathering, w/delicious drinks at Crush http://t.co/d8UsfA4bul
- We're thrilled that @ErikaMoen drew such a lovely comic about us, & that YOU guys voted us the # 1 sex shop in PDX! http://t.co/bEe09UahtC
- We're hosting 2 FREE book readings — 1 erotica hosted by @raquelita, 1 for @FranklinVeaux & @EveRickert's poly book! http://t.co/MzrP5UUNYb
- The fist bump heard 'round the world — and for good reason!! Check it: http://t.co/21F0FW4hMZ
- Oh Joy Sex Toy creator @ErikaMoen attended two of our classes and immortalized her experience in digital comic form!! http://t.co/nqG4R6htCL
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury