Each Tuesday this April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Also check out PSU’s calendar of events for the month, which includes workshops, film screenings, panels, and more.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- January 8, 2015 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- January 14, 2015 – Oxytocin, The Love Drug: Cultivating Biochemical Bliss in Birth, Orgasm, & Intimacy
- January 22, 2015 – Beyond Monogamy
- January 28, 2015 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- February 5, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- February 25, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- March 11, 2015 – Tease a Peel: Classic Burlesque Peeling Techniques
- After a year of testing and reviewing tons of sex toys, @ErikaMoen rounds up her top picks in her signature style. http://t.co/LPHwgJwWvh
- "My scissor legs, scarred back, spastic hands only add to my amazing repertoire, so rarely experienced by other men." http://t.co/Gvh1fxyOcj
- In San Francisco, @ShineLouise shoots @CrashPadSeries. A writer visits the set to see how queer porn is made. http://t.co/vvtunQGRt3
- These are kinda the greatest emojis ever created. http://t.co/W7zekX8P2O
- Awesome! Some of the toys we stock were included in @PinkWhite and @CrashPadSeries' holiday sex toy gift guide! http://t.co/MI8BhXSvEV
- UK citizens showed their discontent over absurd porn regulations by staging a mass "face-sitting" outside parliament. http://t.co/02oBe7hfgN
- Just a couple days left in this crowdfunding campaign for 3 new polyamory books from a Portland publishing company! http://t.co/X0VBSs3JWT
- Over 1,000 signatures collected so far! Add yours to take a stand against transphobic language in the porn industry. http://t.co/0GGzWIjtwQ
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury