In less than 20 days, two of us will be on a plane headed to Washington D.C. to attend CatalystCon! To say that we’re excited would be an understatement. But what is Catalyst, you ask? Well:
CatalystCon is a conference created to inspire exceptional conversations about sexuality. It is about reaching out and stimulating those who attend to create those important conversations in their own communities, changing how we as a society talk about and treat sexuality. It is about stimulating the activist that is within all of us and sparking transformation in the way our friends, neighbors, children and even politicians discuss one of the most important aspects of humanity.
This is a conference meant to energize, enlighten and exhilarate . . . The fundamental principle of CatalystCon is that knowledge is power and sharing that knowledge is the first spark in igniting changing conversations.
Basically, our dream come true. We went to a similar conference last year and had an amazing time. It’s always fun to meet up with industry friends and attend thought-provoking workshops. It gives us great new ideas and helps us remember why we do what we do!
So, from March 14th through 17th, with smartphones grasped firmly in hand, we’ll be tweeting and posting on Facebook to give you a taste of the conference. With two of us there, we’ll be able to cover more ground, effectively attending 2x the workshops (although we’ll probably both go to the “Toxic Toys” session!). One of us will also be attending Tristan Taormino‘s Sex Educator Boot Camp.
The conference’s official hashtag is #ccon, which you can follow for tweets from all attendees.
We can’t wait to share our trip with you, and to bring back more knowledge to serve our customers even better!
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- July 27, 2014 – Let's Play with Rope Tonight!: A Friendly Introduction to Bondage
- August 7, 2014 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- August 20, 2014 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- September 10, 2014 – Erotica reading with Rachel Kramer Bussel!
- September 14, 2014 – More Than Two Reading with Franklin Veaux and Eve Rickert
- We're hosting 2 FREE book readings — 1 erotica hosted by @raquelita, 1 for @FranklinVeaux & @EveRickert's poly book! http://t.co/MzrP5UUNYb
- The fist bump heard 'round the world — and for good reason!! Check it: http://t.co/21F0FW4hMZ
- Oh Joy Sex Toy creator @ErikaMoen attended two of our classes and immortalized her experience in digital comic form!! http://t.co/nqG4R6htCL
- Did you know the first sex ed film to be screened in an American public school was shown in Eugene, Oregon in 1948? http://t.co/bWwPzJzqaD
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury