In less than 20 days, two of us will be on a plane headed to Washington D.C. to attend CatalystCon! To say that we’re excited would be an understatement. But what is Catalyst, you ask? Well:
CatalystCon is a conference created to inspire exceptional conversations about sexuality. It is about reaching out and stimulating those who attend to create those important conversations in their own communities, changing how we as a society talk about and treat sexuality. It is about stimulating the activist that is within all of us and sparking transformation in the way our friends, neighbors, children and even politicians discuss one of the most important aspects of humanity.
This is a conference meant to energize, enlighten and exhilarate . . . The fundamental principle of CatalystCon is that knowledge is power and sharing that knowledge is the first spark in igniting changing conversations.
Basically, our dream come true. We went to a similar conference last year and had an amazing time. It’s always fun to meet up with industry friends and attend thought-provoking workshops. It gives us great new ideas and helps us remember why we do what we do!
So, from March 14th through 17th, with smartphones grasped firmly in hand, we’ll be tweeting and posting on Facebook to give you a taste of the conference. With two of us there, we’ll be able to cover more ground, effectively attending 2x the workshops (although we’ll probably both go to the “Toxic Toys” session!). One of us will also be attending Tristan Taormino‘s Sex Educator Boot Camp.
The conference’s official hashtag is #ccon, which you can follow for tweets from all attendees.
We can’t wait to share our trip with you, and to bring back more knowledge to serve our customers even better!
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- January 8, 2015 – Full-Bodied Fellatio
- January 14, 2015 – Oxytocin, The Love Drug: Cultivating Biochemical Bliss in Birth, Orgasm, & Intimacy
- January 22, 2015 – Beyond Monogamy
- January 28, 2015 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- February 5, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- February 25, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- March 11, 2015 – Tease a Peel: Classic Burlesque Peeling Techniques
- After a year of testing and reviewing tons of sex toys, @ErikaMoen rounds up her top picks in her signature style. http://t.co/LPHwgJwWvh
- "My scissor legs, scarred back, spastic hands only add to my amazing repertoire, so rarely experienced by other men." http://t.co/Gvh1fxyOcj
- In San Francisco, @ShineLouise shoots @CrashPadSeries. A writer visits the set to see how queer porn is made. http://t.co/vvtunQGRt3
- These are kinda the greatest emojis ever created. http://t.co/W7zekX8P2O
- Awesome! Some of the toys we stock were included in @PinkWhite and @CrashPadSeries' holiday sex toy gift guide! http://t.co/MI8BhXSvEV
- UK citizens showed their discontent over absurd porn regulations by staging a mass "face-sitting" outside parliament. http://t.co/02oBe7hfgN
- Just a couple days left in this crowdfunding campaign for 3 new polyamory books from a Portland publishing company! http://t.co/X0VBSs3JWT
- Over 1,000 signatures collected so far! Add yours to take a stand against transphobic language in the porn industry. http://t.co/0GGzWIjtwQ
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury