We have some fun snippets of news to share with everyone! We’ve been mentioned on a couple websites recently, and our staff has been busy publishing some awesome (and informative!) articles that we think you should check out.
At the end of December, a blogger named the Redhead Bedhead visited us and wrote a little something about her experience. We don’t allow photos to be taken inside the shop to protect customer privacy, but the Redhead Bedhead let us know she was coming and we arranged to have her visit one morning before we opened to snap a few shots and chat with us. Great fun!
Read her post to see some photos of the shop and find out which sex toys Evy would bring to a deserted island (and which toy our whole staff agrees is amazing), plus what music we like to play in the shop. The Redhead Bedhead even mentioned us in two other recent posts: People That Made My 2012 and Why Good Sex Shops Matter (we agree!).
Meanwhile, our sales associate and educator Wyatt Riot writes a column for PQ Monthly called “What a Riot!” that is always a good read. His latest column is about the Portland kink scene. He discusses common kink terminology and PDX kink resources such as meetings, panel discussions, and play parties (like the one he co-organizes, Dirty Playground).
Broadsheet360 (the same site where a contributor wrote about her experience at one of our burlesque classes) published an article about holiday gift-giving in December that mentions us and our community work during our 10% Tuesday promotions. Broadsheet360 writes:
She Bop is about stuffing stockings all year round and they have six non-profits that they support throughout the year with their 10% Tuesday fundraisers. Those non-profits are: Bitch Media, providing a feminist response to pop culture; Bradley Angle, assisting survivors of domestic violence; In Other Words, a feminist community center; Portland Women’s Crisis Line, for survivors of domestic and sexual violence; TransActive, serving the diverse needs of transgender and gender nonconforming children, youth, their families and allies; and the Q Center, Portland’s LGBTQ Community Center.
As it happens, we’re in the midst of our January fundraiser for In Other Words right now! Get in on that if you want to support the efforts of Portland’s premiere feminist bookstore and community center.
And to top things off, our former sales associate and educator, Yana, who moved back east last February, is rocking it out with her sex-positive writing lately! In a recent article for Curve magazine about toys for trans* folks, she graciously mentioned us as a trans-friendly shop in Portland.
The article also includes a nod to many products we carry, such as Silky (A.K.A Mr. Bendy), Goodfella (and other VixSkin dildos), Tomboi, Vibrating Pleasure Pump, 3 Cylinder Pump System, Sliquid Stimulating O Gel, and trans* literature and media such as Take Me There, Couch Surfers, Roulette, and Original Plumbing.
Thanks again to the Redhead Bedhead and Broadsheet360 for featuring us on your sites! And Yana and Wyatt, you guys are awesome and we always love reading what you have to say.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- February 5, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- February 19, 2015 – Even More Pleasure, Power, and Pain: Expanding Your BDSM Experiences
- February 25, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- March 1, 2015 – Let's Play with Rope Tonight!: A Friendly Introduction to Bondage
- March 11, 2015 – Tease a Peel: Classic Burlesque Peeling Techniques
- March 18, 2015 – Bon Appetit!: The Fine Art of Cunnilingus
- April 23, 2015 – Renaming Desire: Trans/Non-Trans Sex Revisited
- We helped @fakedansavage give advice in this week's Savage Love, about using the same sex toy for vaginal & anal play http://t.co/vwzcYNOpa6
- This Tuesday, join our sex educator AJ for a fireside chat about healthy sexuality led by @PWCL! Plus silent auction! http://t.co/QsTlJaIivW
- Rad interview w makers of tasteful, well-acted porn for women: @ErikaLust @JackyStJames @AngieRowntree @Anna_FrolicMe http://t.co/qShPu0Ee4K
- Portland reigns supreme when it matters most. ;) http://t.co/VEKQttJRJM
- Date night doesn't have to meet going out to dinner or taking a stroll in the park. This is a great list. http://t.co/wIfqtE6pWc
- Last day to support @IOWBooks this month while shopping with us. 10% of your purchase will go directly to them today! http://t.co/ON049Bd5xd
- "My body is a road map of everything I've lived through. Do I mourn my body? Yes. But now it's just a new chapter." http://t.co/y0bpJxT3YT
- It's about damn time. http://t.co/WmqnJbTy1Y
- Want to support the incredible work done by @IOWBooks? Shop with us today and 10% of your purchase will go to them! http://t.co/ON049Bd5xd
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury