When rabbit vibes first hit the scene, they all followed a familiar formula: long shaft, rotating beads, and, per their name, an animal-shaped clitoral stimulator. Now, though, increasingly creative manufacturers have taken the general idea of the rabbit and revolutionized it, creating new shapes and new sensations. The result is a greater selection of dual vibes than ever before!
Dual vibes are unique because their job is to succeed at two types of stimulation — vaginal penetration and clitoral stimulation — at once. Because dual toys feature two different parts that work in tandem, there’s even more to consider when picking one out. Let us guide you!
Size is, well, a biggie
Everyone has different priorities when perusing sex toys, but the size and shape of a dual vibe could be the first characteristic you use to narrow the field. Since dual vibes require you to insert the shaft almost completely to take advantage of the clitoral stimulator, the length of the insertable part of the toy is super important. If your cervix is easily irritated or your vaginal canal is short, you’ll want to look at shorter shafted toys (under 4″ insertable or so). Our rabbits with the shortest insertable lengths are the Fun Factory Flash and Ocean (3″ insertable) and the Butterfly Bliss (2.75″ insertable).
Girth, of course, is equally important. You don’t want to select a toy that is too big for you, or conversely, one that doesn’t fill you up enough! Find something that already feels great to you vaginally — like a toy, a penis, or a set of fingers — and measure it to get an idea of the diameter you prefer.
Some dual vibes put extra emphasis on G-spot stimulation with their curved and pronounced heads. If G-spotting bliss is what you’re after, take a look at the Je Joue G-Ki, Fun Factory Delight, and LELO Ina.
Finally, the clitoral stimulator can take many forms, from the classic rabbit ears to more abstract shapes. Do you like the tickle of the rabbit ears, or the sensation of your clitoris being cradled on each side? The Vibratex Rabbit Habit and Je Joue FiFi are perfect for that. If you prefer more direct stimulation, or even pressure, on your clit, the LELO Ina, Picobong Kaya, LELO Soraya, and OhMiBod Freestyle W provide that instead.
Go by feel
Almost all of our dual vibes are made of silicone, but there is a lot of variation in texture and hardness. Toys like the LELO Soraya and Je Joue FiFi have a velvety smooth surface but are very firm to the touch, whereas toys like the Fun Factory Tango have more give to them. Harder vibes are ideal for targeted G-spot stimulation, but softer vibes have a more plush feel.
Ask yourself what kind of stimulation you like
Power level is usually an important factor in any vibrator purchase, and it’s doubly important in the realm of dual vibes. There are both battery-powered and rechargeable dual toys. Some are equipped with a single motor, while others have two that can be controlled separately. Some have an array of vibration patterns to choose from. The LELO Ina and LELO Soraya are our most powerful rabbits, and they also feature dual motors and vibration patterns.
If you’re a real power fiend, though, here’s an interesting idea: what if you were to purchase a wand-style toy with an attachment? We carry several attachments for the Hitachi/Bodywand, and one for the Vibratex Mystic Wand, all of which provide internal and external stimulation simultaneously… and mega power to boot! The Bodywand Rabbit Attachment is the closest to the classic dual shape.
If you’re intrigued by the classic rabbit’s set of beads in the shaft that rotate to stimulate the vaginal opening and walls, the Vibratex Rabbit Habit — which is the most similar to the rabbit made famous by Sex in the City — should satisfy. Similarly, the Vibratex Violet has a bulbous head that rotates in either direction, depending on your mood. Or, for something completely different, check out the Fun Factory Stronic Eins. It’s not a dual vibe, but it thrusts back and forth rather than vibrating.
A different style of dual vibe is the C-shaped type, of which there are a couple: the We-Vibe 3 and LELO Tiani. These vibes are ideal for folks who like hands free stimulation and more shallow penetration.
While we’re on the subject of uniqueness, the Freestyle W is the only dual vibe that vibrates along to your favorite songs!
If taking your toy in the bath is high on your list of requirements, the Fun Factory Tango, LELO Soraya, Fun Factory Ocean, Je Joue FiFi, Fun Factory Calla, Je Joue G-Ki, and Fun Factory Flash are all submersible. You’re definitely not limited there!
Two can be better than one
While it’s certainly tempting to try to find a single toy that does everything you want all at once, there’s a whole wide world of dildos and mini vibes out there that can be combined for just as wonderful simultaneous stimulation. In fact, there are even a couple small vibrators that resemble the ears of a rabbit, and a rabbit-shaped sleeve that can fit on a variety of toys.
Wielding two toys is especially useful if you want G-spot stimulation — which often requires thrusting — coupled with consistent clitoral buzz. Plus, dildos come in all kinds of glorious materials (glass, stainless steel, wood) that offer an entirely different sensation from silicone.
When searching for an insertable and a clit vibe to use together, make sure neither toy will get in the way of the other during use. Avoid any clitoral toy that looks too bulky, and any insertable that could block access to your clit — we don’t want a conflict there! Ergonomic toys are especially important for this purpose, since you’ll have both hands full.
Speaking of keeping your hands full, it might be worth a trip to the shop to feel these vibes in person. Some textures and functions are better felt than described! Our staff can also help you make a decision, either in person or via email. But hopefully this walkthrough has given you some guidance on what kind of dual vibe could really rock your world.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- February 5, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- February 19, 2015 – Even More Pleasure, Power, and Pain: Expanding Your BDSM Experiences
- February 25, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- March 1, 2015 – Let's Play with Rope Tonight!: A Friendly Introduction to Bondage
- March 11, 2015 – Tease a Peel: Classic Burlesque Peeling Techniques
- March 18, 2015 – Bon Appetit!: The Fine Art of Cunnilingus
- April 23, 2015 – Renaming Desire: Trans/Non-Trans Sex Revisited
- We helped @fakedansavage give advice in this week's Savage Love, about using the same sex toy for vaginal & anal play http://t.co/vwzcYNOpa6
- This Tuesday, join our sex educator AJ for a fireside chat about healthy sexuality led by @PWCL! Plus silent auction! http://t.co/QsTlJaIivW
- Rad interview w makers of tasteful, well-acted porn for women: @ErikaLust @JackyStJames @AngieRowntree @Anna_FrolicMe http://t.co/qShPu0Ee4K
- Portland reigns supreme when it matters most. ;) http://t.co/VEKQttJRJM
- Date night doesn't have to meet going out to dinner or taking a stroll in the park. This is a great list. http://t.co/wIfqtE6pWc
- Last day to support @IOWBooks this month while shopping with us. 10% of your purchase will go directly to them today! http://t.co/ON049Bd5xd
- "My body is a road map of everything I've lived through. Do I mourn my body? Yes. But now it's just a new chapter." http://t.co/y0bpJxT3YT
- It's about damn time. http://t.co/WmqnJbTy1Y
- Want to support the incredible work done by @IOWBooks? Shop with us today and 10% of your purchase will go to them! http://t.co/ON049Bd5xd
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury