Each Tuesday this April, 10% of our sales at She Bop will go to the Portland Women’s Crisis Line (PWCL). PWCL is a hugely important organization that offers 24/7 support to survivors of sexual assault and domestic violence. They offer services such as safety planning, peer support, crisis intervention, needs assessments, and referrals to community resources. They have specialized programs for sexual assault and sex workers. PWCL is an invaluable asset to our community, and we are honored to be able to give back to them for the tireless work that they do.
April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. According to RAINN, someone in the U.S. is sexually assaulted every 2 minutes. This unfortunate statistic is a reality for 1 out of every 6 American women. Here are a few resources for thinking about and combating sexual assault.
- Yes Means Yes — a blog spin-off of the book Yes Means Yes: Visions of Female Sexual Power & a World Without Rape
- Rape, Enthusiastic Consent, and the Stoplight Problem
- What Can Men Do?
- Violence Unsilenced — survivors tell their stories
- End the Backlog — working to reduce the number of untested rape kits
- Rape Culture 101
- Fighting Ableism Fights Sexual Assault
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- February 5, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- February 19, 2015 – Even More Pleasure, Power, and Pain: Expanding Your BDSM Experiences
- February 25, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- March 1, 2015 – Let's Play with Rope Tonight!: A Friendly Introduction to Bondage
- March 11, 2015 – Tease a Peel: Classic Burlesque Peeling Techniques
- March 18, 2015 – Bon Appetit!: The Fine Art of Cunnilingus
- April 23, 2015 – Renaming Desire: Trans/Non-Trans Sex Revisited
- Rad interview w makers of tasteful, well-acted porn for women: @ErikaLust @JackyStJames @AngieRowntree @Anna_FrolicMe http://t.co/qShPu0Ee4K
- Portland reigns supreme when it matters most. ;) http://t.co/VEKQttJRJM
- Date night doesn't have to meet going out to dinner or taking a stroll in the park. This is a great list. http://t.co/wIfqtE6pWc
- Last day to support @IOWBooks this month while shopping with us. 10% of your purchase will go directly to them today! http://t.co/ON049Bd5xd
- "My body is a road map of everything I've lived through. Do I mourn my body? Yes. But now it's just a new chapter." http://t.co/y0bpJxT3YT
- It's about damn time. http://t.co/WmqnJbTy1Y
- Want to support the incredible work done by @IOWBooks? Shop with us today and 10% of your purchase will go to them! http://t.co/ON049Bd5xd
- YES, we are open today! Regular hours at both locations, which means we're here until 7 p.m. Come peruse our wares!
- Today on our blog, we delve into the interesting history behind @Sportsheets, makers of inexpensive bondage products. http://t.co/K6MEQNqVoF
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury