Joan Price, blogger at Better Than I Ever Expected and author of two books about senior sex, is putting together a collection of erotica from writers over the age of 50, with stories featuring characters also over the age of 50. This senior erotica anthology will be published in Spring 2013 by Seal Press, so Price is looking for submissions right now:
. . . the truth is that we seniors don’t respond to the sopping-wet panties and rock-hard erections that are the hallmark of traditional, youth-oriented erotica. Instead, we want erotica that we can relate to, that encompasses the changes and adaptations of age, that acknowledges how we like to be stimulated. Age is accepted, celebrated, and sensually enjoyed.
Characters may be having spicy sex with partners they love and have loved for decades; or with new loves or casual encounters; or solo with hands, vibrators, memories, and fantasies. Although I admit my bias towards erotica that is tender and loving, I’m also looking for edgy and kinky stories for a balanced collection.
Seal Press and I will choose submissions of high literary quality, not just good, explicit sex scenes. Arouse us with a sexy, well-crafted plot we haven’t read before, characters who entice us and feel real to us, language that describes sex in a new way. I welcome diversity of all kinds, including race, ethnic background, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, and every other kind of diversity.
. . . I’d prefer the sex scenes to take place at the characters’ current age (over 50, 60, 70…). A story or two with flashbacks to younger years is fine, but I’m getting too many youthful flashbacks and too few current-age erotic scenes. What makes a story sexy and arousing at our age? That’s your challenge!
Price is trying to do something “truly different” by encouraging erotica that is a genuine reflection of senior sex, which is fantastic!
Story length should be between 1,500 and 3,000 words. Authors may submit up to two pieces. The submission deadline is February 1, 2012, but earlier submissions are preferred. Visit the call for submissions post for all the info.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- January 28, 2015 – Pleasure, Power, and Pain: An Introduction to BDSM
- February 5, 2015 – The Joys of Toys!
- February 19, 2015 – Even More Pleasure, Power, and Pain: Expanding Your BDSM Experiences
- February 25, 2015 – Back That Ass Up!: Anal Sex 101
- March 11, 2015 – Tease a Peel: Classic Burlesque Peeling Techniques
- "My body is a road map of everything I've lived through. Do I mourn my body? Yes. But now it's just a new chapter." http://t.co/y0bpJxT3YT
- It's about damn time. http://t.co/WmqnJbTy1Y
- Want to support the incredible work done by @IOWBooks? Shop with us today and 10% of your purchase will go to them! http://t.co/ON049Bd5xd
- YES, we are open today! Regular hours at both locations, which means we're here until 7 p.m. Come peruse our wares!
- Today on our blog, we delve into the interesting history behind @Sportsheets, makers of inexpensive bondage products. http://t.co/K6MEQNqVoF
- If you're a lady type who sleeps w/lady types, illuminate what queer sex is for you by taking @Autostraddle's survey! http://t.co/bNMMHqGiBW
- Pass it on: free exams, paps, STI testing, bloodwork and more for trans* & genderqueer folks assigned female at birth http://t.co/TALu2Bs3mS
- Happy Tuesday! Visit us today or order online & 10% of your purchase will go to @IOWBooks feminist community center! http://t.co/ON049Bd5xd
- Tonight, our Division location will be closing at 6 pm for a private event — however, our Mississippi location will be open normal hours!
- It's our first 10% Tues in Jan for @IOWBooks feminist community center! Visit us & 10% of your purchase goes to them! http://t.co/ON049Bd5xd
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury