How Raising Kids Changes Your Sex Life… and Foretells Theirs
Saturday, April 30th — 7pm — $25
Susie Bright opens up the sexual revolution of parenthood, from when you first become pregnant, to the baby and little kid years — and finally, the real marathon: kids reaching puberty and you hitting menopause.
What’s a sex-positive mom to do? There’s your own life as a lover and a mother, and then there’s seeing your children develop their own sexual perceptions and values.
Yes, this IS the place to talk about things you won’t hear on Oprah! There’s physical and practical information to share, and emotional and ethical questions that can’t be ignored. What are the most important things you can do, as a parent, to give your children sexual sanity? How do you nurture and enjoy your own mojo as the years go by? Come with your questions— Susie has plenty more, plus some answers you won’t hear anyplace else.
Susie Bright is the author of the national bestsellers Full Exposure and The Sexual State of the Union, as well as The Best American Erotica and Herotica series, which ushered in women’s erotic publishing. She is the host of Audible’s In Bed With Susie Bright, the longest-running sex-ed show in the history of broadcasting. She was co-founder and editor of On Our Backs magazine, and was the first journalist to cover erotic cinema and the porn business in the mainstream press. A progenitor of the sex-positive movement, Bright taught the first university course on pornography, and brought lasting sexual influence to her role in films like Bound and The Celluloid Closet, as well as playing herself, “the famous feminist sex writer,” on Six Feet Under.
Welcome to She Bop’s blog!
She Bop is a women-owned sex toy boutique specializing in body safe products and education. Our mission is to promote healthy and safe sexuality by offering quality products and educational workshops in a fun and comfortable environment. She Bop welcomes people of all genders and sexual orientations.
- Support the incredible work @BradleyAngle does by visiting us today — 10% of your purchase will be donated to them. http://t.co/w6d7Uz11qY
- Ever wonder what happens in our popular fellatio class? An intrepid attendee gives awesome behind-the-scenes report! http://t.co/yQAJxE82Nv
- Visit us today and 10% of your purchase will go to @BradleyAngle's life-saving services for violence survivors. http://t.co/w6d7Uz11qY
- Yes, indeed, we are open today! Regular hours, 11am - 7pm. Come visit us if you're in need of something for your next bedroom adventure. ;)
- There are still spots left in tonight's class w/ @TheElleChase! Sign up now to come learn about mutual masturbation! http://t.co/OC8QlhreKI
- Happy National Coming Out Day, everyone! We found this awesome resource from the creators of @TheGenderBook... http://t.co/RbtOBeObka
- For Domestic Violence Awareness Month, we're donating 10% of sales each Tuesday to @BradleyAngle. Today is Tuesday! http://t.co/Y9ZRWBdetD
- Basic Rights Oregon
- Bitch Magazine
- Bradley Angle
- BUST Magazine
- Dirty Playground
- In Other Words
- Mississippi Studios
- Orchestre L'Pow!
- Pants-Off Productions
- Portland Oregon Women's Film Festival
- Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Progressive Pleasure Club
- Pucker Up
- Q Center
- Queer Resource Center
- Quest Center for Integrative Health
- Raphael House
- Sex Worker Outreach Coalition
- The Portland Mercury